Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Addicted to Sweatcamp!

I used to think of the concept of Bootcamp as ex-army buffs screaming at you as you trudge through tires, belly crawl under nets, drag weighted objects through swamps all while the rain is pouring down and chilling you to the core. However after finally accepting I had put on a little extra padding than I would have liked to over the winter, and the gym just not cutting it anymore, I decided to give it a go. Needless to say I was definitely nervous turning up to my first session of Sweatcamp where I discovered the reality was a lot less scary. Now three months in, and 5kgs lighter, I am hooked!

Every Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday I head along to our “sweaty sessions” where our trainer Anna puts us through a variety of different exercises each time that challenges yet another part of our body. One week we even played Cardio Monopoly!

This variety along with sound nutritional advice, support of your fellow campers, Anna's constant positivity, fortnightly fitness tests and even motivational updates on their Facebook page has made Sweatcamp such an enjoyable and awesome experience. Best of all I am getting results! Added benefits I have noticed include sleeping so much more easily, increased energy, better balance and of course meeting a great group of people. I have also ditched the hungover visits to the golden arches and dipping my hand into the always full lolly jar at work, talk about will power!
Enjoying a mini treat after a particularly sweaty cardio session!

If you want to find out more about Sweatcamp NZ, visit their website: www.sweatcamp.co.nz and remember to never let your fears stop you from trying something new!

No comments:

Post a Comment