Thursday, November 22, 2012

Tumeric - My new Super Spice!

 So the last few days I have been experiencing dry skin on my upper cheeks and there is nothing that frustrates me more than having issues with my skin. So I did a bit of research on home remedies especially face masks and came across many articles that suggested Tumeric as a cure for not only dry skin but also (apparently) quote 'helps the treatment of acne blemishes, blackheads, dark spots and hyperpigmentation and other skin conditions like eczema and psoriasis. It helps heal and prevent dry skin, and to slow the skin aging process, and is used to diminish wrinkles, keep skin supple and improve skin’s elasticity. Tumeric is also being used as an ingredient in sunscreens. It is used daily by East Indian women as a facial cleanser and exfoliant.' http://multiculturalbeauty.about.com.


I am convinced immediately! PLUS my latest fad in cooking is highly South East Asian inspired (my 'boss' is from Pakistan and this influences me everyday more), so I love the fact that I can bring this spice into other areas of my life LOL. Apparently Thandie Newton places a sprinkle of Tumeric in her daily moisturiser and works a treat for her! SO I ignored all the warnings for white woman trying these face masks may cause yellow staining to skin HAHA and produced the following:


Tumeric face mask for dry skin & colour lift:

1 Tbsp of Rice flour (because I have become a normal flour snob as of late)
1/4 tsp of Tumeric powder
2 Tbsp of Coconut Oil

Method:

1. Mix flour and Tumeric together
2. Chuck in the Coconut Oil, which at first is hard so you need to mix this well till it creates a thick paste.
3. Apply to the skin CAREFULLY! The paste may crumble a bit so make sure you are doing it in a suitable place ie. not infront of the mirror in the garage with a white carpet underneath = yellow stains hmm NOT GOOD!
4. Leave on for 15 minutes and then wash off with a DARK coloured hot face cloth.

NB: Excuse the rank photo but this is just after taking the mask off and with no make up ;)


FEELING GOOD?

Blogged by: Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment