Thursday, December 13, 2012

Beauty update - Turmeric & Coffee face mask

First of all I would like to warn all fair skinned women out there to probably not try this mask - As excellent as it is this mask because is has no oil base can stain your skin! I will be adding a special coffe & chocolate mask to the blog next week which can be used by you whiteys (me included).

Thank goodness you have me to try out these recipes and risk looking like I have cancer of the liver!


Anyway once again I am using Turmeric as my base ingredient - This time I made a heap of paste by combining 2 cups of water to half a cup of turmeric and boiled it on a medium heat. I gave some more to my Dad to try as he has told me he is seeing significant improvements in his skin tone and inflammation since trying my witch craft. I also have noticed a significant evening in skin tone and my cheeks are much less red - The ways of Turmeric, I love this spice!

So the Turmeric & Coffee mask is to be used no more than once a week as the coffee works as a strong exfoliant.

All I did was follow the recipe for making the paste above and add about 1/2 cup of paste to 1/2 cup of used ground coffee. I mixed this all together and applied to my skin. Leave this on for 10-15 minutes until the paste is dried and then proceed to remove with a hot face cloth. If you do try this and experience some staining then all you need to do is apply a little bit of coconut oil to your face and remove the staining gently with a cotton pad.


While I may not be running to try this mask again soon I can confirm that I am no longer yellow and it has been 5 hours since I applied the mask - Thank goodness I work from home!



Blogged by: Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment