Monday, December 3, 2012

Creamy coconut & turmeric hot drink

Today I whipped up a delicious creamy hot drink using of course TURMERIC! This is a really festive and spicy drink - perfect after a meal as a great substitute to a coffee.


I cannot stress enough how awesome I think this spice is - Every day I am reading more and more research that backs up all the great things I have heard about Turmeric - especially it's anti-inflammatory & anti-oxidant properties.

It is a beautiful hot day here now in Auckland but earlier it was grey and rainy so I thought this would be a lovely drink to warm you from the inside out. I would also recommend this if you have a sore throat or any kind of cold or virus. The spices and warm temperature of the drink really work there magic here!

Serving is for 2 people :)

Ingredients:
1 can 300ml Coconut milk

For each cup put:
1/2 tsp Turmeric
1/2 tsp Cinnamon
1 tsp Honey
A sprinkle of Cayenne pepper
Boiling water to top up the cup

Method:
1. Heat up the coconut milk in a medium saucepan until almost boiling
2. In each cup place the spices, honey and cayenne pepper
3. Pour a small amount of the hot coconut milk into each cup (3cm from bottom) and blend with the spices, honey and cayenne.
4. Once all ingredients are blended top up the cups with the remaining coconut milk and boiling water
5. Enjoy!





No comments:

Post a Comment