Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Shopping and Stereo and Shopping

Quality mother daughter time and crazy partying are not usually two things that go together (unless you’re the Ridges) but it seems to be the perfect way to describe my amazing long weekend away in Melbourne.
Our trip started with a 6:30am flight out of Auckland allowing Mum and I a full day of shopping yeee! After checking into our perfectly suited 2 bedroom apartment in Little Lonsdale Street, we set off to Bourke Street Mall where we spent the majority of our time in chain stores you just wished would make the final move over the ditch to NZ; Zara, Sportsgirl, General Pants Co, Bardot…sigh.
After a very well earned sleep, we started our Saturday morning at Federal Coffee Palace for some of the best coffee in Melbourne and the most divine bircher muesli before visiting the Myer jewelry and shoe departments.



Reluctantly I bid farewell to mum to meet up with my long time friend Lisa. We made our way to our friends place in Northcote (pronounced north-cut in Australia, filth) where we “sipped” a few champagnes before making our way to Stereosonic. My favourite act at Stereo was by far Carl Cox who was conveniently playing in a tent when the rain decided to pour down!




After shopping all morning and dancing all afternoon/evening I am still surprised I managed to wake up early on Sunday to spend another full day shopping! But I guess I had too, I was in Melbourne after all! Mum and I spent the day exploring the arcades and laneways off Little Collins Street, Collins Street and Flinders Lane where I could only admire the amazing designer clothing and footwear on offer while mum was able to treat herself to some lovely shoes. Monday morning was spent (you guessed it!) shopping before making our way to the airport for our flight home.
If you haven’t been to Melbourne before, I highly recommend booking some of the cheap flights that pop up often and get yourself over there. Apart from the shopping, Melbourne also has awesome restaurants, shows, museums and art galleries worth visiting. But when the shopping is so good, why do anything else?

For more information about Melbourne visit www.visitmelbourne.com and keep checking www.airnewzealand.co.nz for flight deals!



No comments:

Post a Comment