Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Steak salad with dukkah



My night to cook for the whanau and I was pretty excited about this one as we have recently acquired two new recipe books in the house! 


'Simple Pleasures' by Annabel Langbein (you can also catch her on TV, I really like her... She seems so down-to-earth and has a garden to die for!). And the second Revive Cafe cook book! I was so stoked to hear about this release!!!! The first Revive Cafe book literally changed the way I approached cooking and I have never looked back since - If you haven't heard about it.. GET INVOLVED! It is completely vegetarian but FULL of the most amazing recipes!

Anyway.. Tonight I took a recipe from 'Simple Pleasures' and added my own twist on it, purely because I lacked a few ingredients :)

I won't share the recipe here as I do believe that if you really want it you should buy her amazing recipe book - However if you want to cook it and you are broke like me you can email me and I will lend you a few secrets ;)

I first created a Dukkah mix which for me included: cashew nuts, almonds, sesame seeds, coriander seeds,  cumin seeds and fennel seeds. 




Then I made a balsamic glaze and marinated the sirloin steak in this for a few hours - I also added some extra salt&pepper and coriander. To add some depth and volume to the salad I prepared red peppers, eggplants and pumpkin to grill on the BBQ also.


Needless to say this meal was an absolute HIT with all members of the tribe and we ate well :)

Healthy eating everyone !!!!

Blogged by: Megan



No comments:

Post a Comment